News : Human rights
- Published: Wednesday, 04 December 2019
On November 5, the United Nations adopted its 66th resolution condemning the gross and systematic violations of human rights in Iran. One of the key themes of the condemnation was the continuation of the death penalty against minors, under the age of 18.
According to the United Nations and its members, executions in Iran are contrary to the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Just days after the resolution was passed, the general uprising of the Iranian people began. And while the ink of the manuscript didn’t dry up, the Iranian regime who felt the overthrow of its government, ruthlessly opened fire and killed a large number of protesters, who were unarmed and facing the forces of the regime.
With the disconnection of the Internet, the scope of crime became increasingly hidden from the international community and the number of killed increased day by day. Gathering the names of the killed and finding out about their deaths is another story, as the mullahs steal their corps from the morgues and take them to unknown locations.
The names of the childrenwhich are confirmed to have been killed in the November uprising are:
- Nikta Esfandani, born in April 2005, was only 14 years old when she was killed by the regime’s assassins on 16 November 2019. She was shot dead by security forces in Sattarkhan Street / West-Tehran. Her burial took place on 20 November 2019 in Behesht Zahra.
2. Reza Nisi is also one of the killed who was only 16 years old at the time of his death. He was also shot dead by regime security forces in Ahvaz.
3. Amir Reza Abdollahi, a 13-year-old teenager, son of Mohammed, was shot and killed by security forces in Islamshahr on 16 November 2019. The delivery of his body was carried out on 19 November and transferred to Pars Abad Moghan for burial.
4. Sasan Eidivand, a 17-year-old student, was shot and killed by the assassins of Khamenei in province Isfahan, Yazdan Shahr City.
5. Pejman Qolipour was only 18 years old at the time when he was killed by the security forces. He was shot dead in Karaj.
6. Reza Mozami, at the age of 18, was shot by Khamenei's assassins in Karaj.
7. Mohammed Barihi, 17 years old, was killed on 15 November 2019, in Ahvaz. He was shot and killed.
8. Amir Hossein Dadvand, 17 years old, was shot and killed by security forces in Isfahan.
Reflecting the deaths of Iranian children in the media and dignitaries
"The protests (in Iran) have taken place in 31 provinces, in a total of 176 cities in Iran, for more than 12 days," said Ivan Stefanec, a Member of the European Parliament from Slovakia. He added: "The main Iranian opposition has announced that the death toll has risen to more than 450, but the death toll may be higher."
Ivan Stefanec went on to the names of more than 150 killed in the uprising and said that it was a very sad list. For example, the list includes Nikta Esfandi who was only 14 years old.
"We cannot really stand by and ignore what is happening in Iran," said European Parliament Representative Anthea McIntyre in a speech at the European Parliament meeting. “The European Union and the international community must absolutely condemn the use of deadly weapons by Iranian security guards and agents and the Iranian regime's plainclothes agents.”
She added: "One of the victims is Nikta Esfandani. She was 14 years old and was shot in the head. It took three days for her family to recover her body from government officials. Our response so far has been embarrassingly shameful.”
Reflection of Nikta's death in Al-Hadas
"The death of the youngest and most senior Iranian demonstrator in wide-ranging protests that swept across Iranian cities sparked a wave of criticism on social sites and among Iranian activists, especially as the demonstrator was only 14 years old," Al-Hadas wrote on 25 November.
"According to the NCRI Women’s Committee, Nikta Esfandiani was shot dead in Tehran's Sattarkhan Street on 16 November and her family had been searching for her for three days before finding the body. Authorities said because Nikta was 14 years old and in accordance with the law of the child, no money was taken from them for the bullets. The Esfandiani family recovered the body and buried her on 20 November 2019," Al-Hadas added.
- Political Prisoners Condemn Crackdown on Iran Protests
- Next:Why Iran’s Regime Extracts Forced Confessions From Prisoners?