On October 29, day 44 of the nationwide protests, citizens take to the streets across Iran. Today is also marked as Cyrus the Great day, an icon of justice and human rights.
For centuries, oppressive rulers have claimed that they are following the path of Cyrus the Great. At the same time, they committed heinous crimes against defenseless people and freedom fighters and lined their pockets with national assets.
However, Iranian citizens have frankly rejected any various tiers of tyrannies. They would neither return under a monarchic dictatorship nor remain under a religious one. “Death to the oppressor, be it the Shah or a Supreme Leader,” they chant.
On the quest for freedom, they sacrificed their best. Nevertheless, the anti-regime demonstrations continue despite the regime’s brutality and bloodshed.
According to the Iranian opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK/PMOI), the regime has killed more than 400 citizens, injured tens of thousands, and detained over 20,000 in the past 44 days. The MEK has published the names of 260 killed protesters.
Students, Pioneers of Anti-Regime Protests
Footage from Tehran, Mashhad, Ahvaz, Shiraz, Sanandaj, Bandarabbas, Marivan, Bushehr, Yazd, Khorrambabd, and Kerman shows university students resumed anti-regime protests from early hours.
University Students Resume Demonstrations in Tehran
According to reports tallied by the Iran News Update, the universities of Amirkabir, Tehran, K. N. Toosi, Allameh Tabatabaei, and Islamic Azad witnessed anti-regime protests. Defiant students continued demonstrations despite severe oppressive measures.
Amirkabir University Students Began Protests
The protests and rallies began in universities in the early hours of this morning. Students of the Amirkabir University-Computer Science Faculty started today’s demonstrations.
Afterward, they rallied outside the university entrance gate, chanting:
- [Supreme Leader Ali] Khamenei is a murderer; his rule is illegitimate! [Footage]
- This is the year [Khamenei] is overthrown! [Footage]
- Death to [Khamenei] for decades of crime! [Footage]
- You’re disgraced people; I’m a free woman! [Footage]
Protests continue outside the university despite the heavy presence of fully-armed security forces and plainclothes agents.
Tehran University Students Chant for Freedom
Furthermore, students voiced their anger over the entire regime in the Tehran University-Technical Faculty. They chanted:
- Such as Cinema Rex, Shahcheragh is another conspiracy, referring to the Shah’s crime in Abadan to divert anti-tyranny protests. [Footage]
- These are failed conspiracies; ISIS is #IRGC! referring to the Shahcheragh terror attack. [Footage]
- [Khamenei] sucks our blood!
- Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) and [Khamenei] are the root of crimes! [Footage]
- Aban [November] is a shining month; the regime will be overthrown! [Footage]
- The disabled—referring to Khamenei—is the murderer of Shahcheragh worshippers! [Footage]
- No to oppression and mandatory hijab; yes to freedom and equality! [Footage]
Other Universities Joined the Protests
Meanwhile, students of K. N. Toosi University, Tehran University-Pardis Unit, and Allameh Tabatabaei University resumed protests.
- K. N. Toosi University-Mathematics & Aerospace Faculty students chanted, IRGC paramilitary Basij is a mercenary and at the end of the rope! [Footage]
- Tehran University-Pardis Unit students confronted Basij forces and plainclothes agents. [Footage]
- Allameh Tabatabaei University students chanted, Freedom, freedom, freedom! [Footage]
University Students Continue Protests Across Iran
- Bandarabbas Medical Sciences University students resume protests and destroy gender segregation barriers, chanting: “Freedom! Freedom! Freedom!” [Footage]
- Marivan Payam-e Nour University students resume anti-regime protests, chanting: We will be killed one by one if we’re not united! [Footage]
- Bushehr Persian Gulf University students rally, protesting the detention of Sajjad Hasheminejad, a master’s student. Authorities have detained him in Shiraz and kept him there for a week. [Footage]
- Yazd University students continue anti-regime demonstrations, chanting: Death to the dictator! and Mullahs must get lost! [Footage]
- Ahvaz Medical Sciences University students clash with security agents trying to release four detained students. They chant: Release them! Disgrace; disgrace! [Footage]
- Sanandaj Medical Sciences University students resumed anti-regime protests. Security forces tried to quell them with the heavy shooting of tear gas. [Footage]