On Sunday, November 20, 2022, Kurdish cities, particularly Mahabad, witnessed the Revolutionary Guards’ heavy attacks. IRGC reportedly employed armed vehicles, helicopters, and heavy machine guns to quell protests. Instead, citizens bravely resisted and became the beacon of hope on the 66th day of the revolution.
The Iranian opposition coalition National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) strongly condemned the regime’s assaults, calling on citizens to aid under-attack citizens in Mahabad. Notably, citizens in Tehran, Sanandaj, Javanrud, Qom, Saqqez, Kamyaran, and Piranshahr. At least four citizens Najmeddin Veisi and his brother Bahaoddin Veisi, Erfan Kakaei and his son Loqman were gunned down in Javanrud.
“I urge the UN Security Council and European Union to take immediate measures to stop the ruling regime’s massacre of the people of Mahabad, including comprehensive political-economic sanctions, blacklisting of IRGC and Ministry of Intelligence and Security, and expulsion of their operatives and agents,” NCRI President-elect Maryam Rajavi said.
The revolution continued in the capital Tehran, Shiraz, Tabriz, Sanandaj, Mahabad, Malekan, Larestan, Lahijan, Paveh, Golpaygan, Lali, Marivan, Sari, Ardabil, Khoy, Bonab, Kangavar, Garmsar, Darjazin, Divandarreh, Saqqez, Oshnavieh, Shahryar, Bukan, Qorveh, Razan, Qom, Parsian, Murmuri, Dashti, Ilam, and Karaj.
November 20 marked the 66th day of anti-regime protests in Iran. The demonstrations began following the heinous murder of Mahsa Amini, 22, in police custody. However, it immediately turned into a revolution against the entire theocratic regime.
According to the Iranian opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK/PMOI), the protests have extended to 243 cities. The regime has killed more than 600 citizens, injured tens of thousands, and detained over 30,000. The MEK has published the names of 466 killed protesters.
As of 9:00 pm Tehran time on November 20, protests in #Iran have expanded to 243 cities.
Over 600 people killed & more than 30,000 arrested by the regime's forces. The PMOI/MEK has published the names of 466 killed protesters.#IranRevoIution#مرگ_بر_ستمگر_چه_شاه_باشه_چه_رهبر pic.twitter.com/SrLuYhnC74
— People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) (@Mojahedineng) November 20, 2022
- Despite regime Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei’s warning about the “end of riots,” the people of Iran in Tehran and at least 30 cities humiliated him, chanting: Death to Khamenei!
- Protesters attacked and torched regime offices, IRGC Basij bases, and pro-regime icons in Tehran, Qazvin, Qom, Mashhad, Isfahan, Zibakenar, Kermanshah, Arak, Urmia, Kerman, Zahedan, Khash, Yazd, Mahshahr, Behbahan, Mahallat, Malayer, Dezful, Jakigur, and Shush on November 19.
- The governor in Abdanan, Ilam, admitted to the bravery of the Iranian youths in confronting the regime and setting administrative structures ablaze despite the regime’s suppression for over two months.
- On November 19, freedom-loving Iranians in 105 cities around the world demonstrated solidarity with the Iranian people’s uprising.
- Merchants continued the nationwide strike in the bazaars of Tehran, Shahindezh, Javanrud, Chabahar, Mahabad, Bukan, Baneh, Oshnavieh, Piranshahr, Sardasht, Marivan, Dehgolan, Saqqez, Sanandaj, Bijar, Kermanshah, Takab, Paveh, Ilam, Nikshahr, and Kamyaran on November 20.
- University students continued boycotting classes in Tehran’s various universities and in Sanandaj, Mehrshahr, Shahinshahr, Tabriz, Felavarjan, Ardabil, Quds city, Yazd, Kermanshah, Rasht, Sari, Najafabad, and Marvdasht on November 20.
- Since the revolution began in Iran until today, World’s Children’s Day, the regime security forces and IRGC have murdered at least 58 children, some as young as eight.
- IRGC Quds Force chief Esmail Ghaani threatened Baghdad with a ground military operation in Iraqi Kurdistan as a smoke screen for what’s happening in Iran.
- Canadian Foreign Minister Mélanie Joly said, “We, the Community of Democracies, express our solidarity with the courageous people of Iran who are protesting against oppression by the Iranian authorities, including gender-based discrimination, human rights violations, and disproportionate use of force. We are calling for justice.”
Protesters take to Valiasr St, chanting: “Freedom, freedom, freedom!” “Death to Khamenei!” and “Death to the dictator!” Source
Chitgar residents chant: From Mahabad to Tehran; my life for Iran! Source
Zafarghandi residents chant: Death to the dictator! Source
Ekbatan residents chant: Mahabad and Kurdistan are role models for the entire of Iran! Source
- N. Toosi University-Electrical Faculty students went on strike, boycotting classes. Source
Strike and demonstration by students of Tehran University of Science and Culture. They chanted: “They took our Kian away, and delivered his corpse.” Source
West Azarbaijan Province:
Mahabad protesters block the streets, getting ready to confront IRGC forces. Source
Mahabad citizens are on the streets despite the regime’s brutal suppression. Source
Footage from Mahabad shows IRGC using helicopters to quell protests and intimidate citizens. Source
Footage from Mahabad shows IRGC forces shooting residential homes. Source
Takab protesters remain on streets, chanting: Death to Khamenei! Source
Piranshahr defiant youths continue protests against the regime. Source
Urmia protesters take control of the streets. Source
Heavy conflicts reported in Javanrud. Authorities dispatched additional forces from Ravansar and Paveh. Several citizens have been injured and killed. Protesters torched an IRGC vehicle. Source
Javanrud citizens rally outside the late Erfan Kakaei, 50, murdered by security forces in front of his home today. Authorities also gunned down his son Loqman today. Source
Salas Babajani protesters confront IRGC forces. Source
In solidarity with the people of Mahabad which the regime is repressing brutally since last night, the people of Marivan confronted the regime’s forces. Source
Saqqez protesters chant: Mahabad is not alone; Saqqez supports it! Source
Protesters confront oppressive forces in Naysar, Sanandaj. Source
Protesters reportedly take to the streets in Kutabdollah, Ahvaz, conflicting with oppressive forces in support of Mahabad citizens. Source
Protesters take to the Keshavarz Jonubi St in support of Mahabad citizens. Source
Rasht protesters take to the streets, chanting: Death to the dictator! Source
Sistan & Baluchestan Province:
Nikshahr protesters torch a pro-regime banner with the image of “#IRGC child-killing chief” Qassem Soleimani. Source