On Sunday, November 13, 2022, public anger pushed the regime MPs to retreat from calling for executing detained protesters. In a statement, Majlis [Parliament] Public Relations declared that “a letter attributed to 227 MPs to the Judiciary chief regarding the classification of the case of detained citizens under Muharebeh charges is fake.”
University students resumed anti-regime protests in Tehran and Urmia. In the capital, students boycotted classes at the universities of Tehran, Allameh Tabatabaei, Meli [Beheshti], Al-Zahra, Pardis Islamic Azad, and Sooreh.
“Swearing the martyrs’ blood, we resist to the end,” “Students are awake and loathe your tyranny,” “We all rise up if [the regime] seizes even one student,” and “Imprisoned students must be freed,” chanted students. High school students in Tehran and Karaj resumed protests, chanting “Death to the dictator!”
November 13 marked the 59th day of anti-regime protests in Iran. The demonstrations began following the heinous murder of Mahsa Amini, 22, in police custody. However, it immediately turned into a revolution against the entire theocratic regime.
According to the Iranian opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK/PMOI), the protests have extended to 220 cities. The regime has killed more than 550 citizens, injured tens of thousands, and detained over 30,000. The MEK has published the names of 402 killed protesters.
As of 7:15 pm Tehran time on November 12, protests in #Iran have expanded to 220 cities.
Over 550 people killed and more than 30,000 arrested by the regime's forces. The PMOI/MEK has published the names of 402 killed protesters.#IranRevoIution#مرگ_بر_ستمگر_چه_شاه_باشه_چه_رهبر pic.twitter.com/gXivJiLarf
— People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) (@Mojahedineng) November 12, 2022
- Protests continued in Tehran’s various districts and at least 15 other cities on November 13. “Anti-regime demonstrations resumed in Tabriz, Shiraz, Tehran, Karaj, Dezful, Kashmar, Sanandaj, Sardasht, Saqqez, Isfahan, Kermanshah, Piranshahr, Arak, Mashhad, Khorramabad, and Aligudarz,” opposition Simay-e Azadi TV Channel reported.
- In her speech at the “From November  to the Spring of the Democratic Revolution” ceremony, Iranian opposition NCRI President-elect Maryam Rajavi saluted protesters in Iran. “Iran’s greatest asset was never under the ground. Iran’s greatest asset is marching in the streets right now,” she said. “As a Muslim woman, I repeat, ‘No to the compulsory veil, no to compulsory religion, and no to a compulsory government.’”
- Freedom-loving Iranians continued rallies in Paris, Vienna, Stuttgart, Stockholm, the Hauge, Gothenburg, and Cologne on November 12, supporting the ongoing revolution in Iran. They chanted popular slogans such as “Death to Khamenei!” “Mullahs must get lost!” and “Death to the oppressor, be it the Shah or a supreme leader [Khamenei]!”
- French Foreign Minister Catherine Colonna said, “We have asked for new European sanctions which will target around 30 people responsible for the repression, and more…”
- UN Watch Executive Director Hillel Neuer reported, “For the first time in history the United Nations Human Rights Council will hold an emergency session on Iran. We are demanding the creation of an international Commission of Inquiry, and more…”
- S. 70 Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said, “It’s time for the Biden Administration to speak clearly: we stand with the Iranian people, not the regime.”
- “Iran’s leadership and murderous executive, the Basiji thugs and the terrorist Revolutionary Guards should be prosecuted and sanctioned,” der Spiegel wrote on November 9.
- State-run Seday-e Iran website reported, “Vajihollah Azarang, one of the IRGC Special-Operational Corps Karbala 25 commanders, was killed by unknown individuals at the northwestern borders on Saturday noon.”
Tehran University-Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science Faculties students are on strike. [Source]
Pars Higher Education Institute of Art & Architecture chant: We risk our lives; tyranny is enough! [Source]
Tehran University-Social Science Faculty students chant: We destroy everything if even one student seized! [Source]
High school students chant: This is the November movement; dictatorship is over! [Source]
Meli [Beheshti] University-Electricity and Computer Science Faculties students continue protests, condemning arbitrary detention and suspension of students. [Source]
Sooreh University students chant: Swearing the martyrs’ blood, we resist to the end! [Source]
Scenes of Allameh Tabataba’i University students holding a protest rally and continuing the nationwide protests against the regime. [Source]
Allameh Tabataba’i University students are continuing the nationwide protests against the regime. [Source]
Protesters torch a Khamenei image in Shah Abdolazim district, saying: “Khamenei is a murderer; his rule is illegitimate!” [Source]
Locals in the Shahr-e-Ziba district are holding a protesting gathering and continuing the nationwide protests against the regime. [Source]
Protesters in Ekbatan district chant: Poverty-corruption-high prices! We’re going to overthrow this regime! [Source]
Karaj high schoolgirls chant: This is the year of [Khamenei] overthrow! [Source]
West Azarbaijan Province:
Urmia Islamic Azad University students chant: Mullahs must get lost! [Source]
Citizens in Beyravan, Sardasht, chant: We are children of fire and blood and will avenge the martyr! [Source]
Locals in Beyravan village, a suburb of Sardasht, chant against regime forces Jash, saying: We avenge the late Heyman Hamzeh! [Source]
Protesters installed a banner from the Medical Science Bridge, Sanandaj, reading: Khamenei, say hello to the end! [Source]
Kermanshah protesters write “Revolution 2022; Join!” in graffiti. [Source]
Shiraz protesters torch a pro-regime statue. [Source]
Authorities beat navy officer Hossein Hajian, 27, to death, seizing his body. The regime conditioned delivering the lifeless body to his family to declare he died in an accident and bury him in silence. [Source]