On Wednesday, November 2, 2022, citizens resumed protests across Iran. Merchants closed shops and join the nationwide strike. Furthermore, the people of Nowshahr paid homage to the late Hananeh Kia, 22, with anti-regime slogans.
November 2 marked the 48th day of anti-regime protests in Iran. The demonstrations began following the heinous murder of Mahsa Amini, 22, in police custody. However, it immediately turned into a revolution against the entire theocratic regime.
According to the Iranian opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK/PMOI), the regime has killed more than 480 citizens, injured tens of thousands, and detained over 25,000. The names of 324 killed protesters have been published by the MEK.
As of 1:00 pm Tehran time on November 2, protests in #Iran have expanded to 213 cities.
— People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) (@Mojahedineng) November 2, 2022
- Tehran Provincial Chief Justice Ali al Ghasi Mehr announced the indictment of around 1,000 protesters on October 31. According to state media, the regime has sentenced more than seven detainees to death.
- College and school students play a key role in demonstrations. On October 29, Revolutionary Guards chief Hossein Salami, responsible for suppression operations, threatened students with harsh responses. However, the protests continued.
- Tuesday saw an intense confrontation between locals and the regime’s oppressive security forces in Sanandaj of Kurdistan Province.
- On November 1, freedom-loving Iranians continued rallies in Washington DC, Berlin, London, and Stockholm in solidarity with domestic demonstrations.
- Switzerland announced it has adopted the new European Union sanctions against an Iranian firm and three top army members for supporting the Russian war against Ukraine.
- Following the Canadian House of Commons Chamber adopted a motion to remove the Iranian regime from the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women, Dutch Senate called to expel the regime from the commission today.
Mazandaran Province, Nowshahr
Locals gathered to mark the 40th day of Hananeh Kia’s murder by the regime’s oppressive security forces on September 21. They’re chanting: “This is the year Seyed Ali (Khamenei) is overthrown!” [Footage]
Oppressive forces fired tear gas at mourning citizens in Nowshahr who gathered to pay homage to the late Hananeh Kia. [Footage]
Nowshahr mourning citizens chant: Mullahs must get lost! [Footage]
Footage of regime security forces resorting to brute force when attacking protesters in the capital’s Tehranpars district. [Footage]
Amirabad defiant residents continue anti-regime protests, chanting: Death to the dictator![Footage]
East Azarbaijan Province, Tabriz
In Tabriz, locals were gathering to hold a ceremony and mark the 40th day Hadith Najafi, a young protester, was murdered by the regime’s oppressive security forces. High school students in different cities are also protesting in the streets chanting different slogans against the rule of the mullahs’ regime dictatorship. [Footage]
West Azarbaijan Province, Mahabad
The late Esmail (Semko) Moloudi’s little daughter honors his brave father, killed by security forces in Mahadab on October 25, saying: I’ll never forgive who killed my father! [Footage]
Razavi Khorasan Province, Mashhad
Mashhad University-Elahiyeh Unit students continue anti-regime protests, chanting: Proud students; support! [Footage]
Isfahan Province, Isfahan
Citizens continue anti-regime protests in various areas, chanting: Death to the dictator! [Footage]