On Thursday, November 3, 2022, citizens resumed protests across Iran. Commemorating several martyrs in Karaj, Amol, Eslamabad-e Gharb, Fuladshahr, Bandar Anzali, Qasr-e Shirin, mourners chanted anti-regime slogans and confronted oppressive forces.
Yesterday, the regime’s Supreme Leader compared recent protests with the coup in 1953, which led to the overthrow of Dr. Mohammad Mosaddeq’s government, Iran’s only national government. Indeed, Khamenei deceitfully disguised his brutal theocracy with a democratic government.
However, thousands of citizens responded to him with “Death to Khamenei,” “This is the year of [Khamenei] overthrow,” and “[Khamenei] is a disgrace” slogans. Of course, today’s demonstrations were not limited to slogans but outraged citizens exercised their right to self-defense in many areas, pushing oppressive forces to flee.
November 3 marked the 49th day of anti-regime protests in Iran. The demonstrations began following the heinous murder of Mahsa Amini, 22, in police custody. However, it immediately turned into a revolution against the entire theocratic regime.
According to the Iranian opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK/PMOI), the protests have extended to 213 cities to this day. The regime has killed more than 500 citizens, injured tens of thousands, and detained over 25,000. The names of 324 killed protesters have been published by the MEK.
As of 7:00 pm Tehran time on November 3, protests in #Iran have expanded to 213 cities.
— People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) (@Mojahedineng) November 3, 2022
- On November 2, citizens take to the streets in at least 14 cities, including the capital Tehran, and provincial capitals such as Isfahan, Mashhad, Tabriz, Zahedan, Sanandaj, Ahvaz, Karaj, Kermanshah, Sari, etc.
- University students continued anti-regime demonstrations inside the campuses and on the streets.
- Footage shows protesters exercising their right to self-defense in several areas, pushing back security forces and plainclothes agents.
- In Khash, Sistan & Baluchestan, unknown individuals opened fire on a security forces’ station, injuring an agent.
- In an Arria-formula meeting at the United Nations co-hosted by the U.S. and Albania, human rights experts and government representatives spoke about ongoing protests in Iran.
- “It is clear that the so-called investigations into the death of Mahsa Amini have failed the minimum requirements of impartiality, independence, and transparency,” said Special Rapporteur on the Situation of Human Rights in the Islamic Republic of Iran Javaid Rehman. “Mahsa Amini was an unfortunate victim of state repression and brutality,” he added, noting that she was not the first victim or the last one.
- On November 2, Khamenei gave a speech, deceitfully comparing recent protests with the coup against Dr. Mosaddeq’s government in 1953. Contrary to his predecessor, Khamenei praised Dr. Mosaddeq to quell protests; instead, citizens today responded to him with “Death to Khamenei!”
- Freedom-loving Iranians rallied outside the G7 Foreign Ministers Meeting in Münster, Germany, calling on world powers to recognize the Iranian people’s right to self-defense and overthrow the regime, shut down the regime’s embassies, and designate Revolutionary Guards as a terrorist entity on the UN terror list.
Alborz Province, Karaj
Footage shows attendees on commemoration ceremonies of the late Hadis Nafaji, 22, Rouzbeh Khademian, 32, and Sarina Esmailzadeh, 16, resisting security forces’ attacks at Qazvin Highway, leading to the cemetery. [Footage]
Authorities reportedly blocked leading roads to Karaj’s Bibi Sakineh cemetery, preventing citizens from attending the memorial ceremony of the late Hadis Nafaji. [Footage]
Conflicts attend Karaj’s Bibi Sakineh cemetery to pay homage to the late Hadis Nafaji. [Footage]
Karaj’s defiant youths set an oppressive forces’ vehicle ablaze. [Footage]
Footage shows a large crowd of citizens heading toward Karaj’s Bibi Sakineh cemetery to attend the commemoration ceremony of the late Hadis Nafaj, killed by security forces on September 21. [Footage]
Mourners destroy an oppressive forces’ vehicle at Qazvin Highway, responding to the regime’s atrocities. [Footage]
Protesters torch an oppressive forces’ kiosk, responding to the regime’s atrocities during the late Hadis Najafi commemoration ceremony. [Footage]
Isfahan Province, Fuladshahr
A large number of Fuladshahr citizens commemorate the late Mahsa Mogoui, 18 killed by security forces on September 22. [Footage]
A large number of Fuladshahr citizens commemorate the late Mahsa Mogoui, 18 killed by security forces on September 22, chanting: This is the year of [Khamenei] overthrow! [Footage]
Security forces shot at the head of a mother in Fuladshahr during the late Mahsa Mogoui commemoration ceremony. Her daughters mourn, saying: Mom, breathe! Breathe! [Footage]
Following the regime’s atrocities during the late Mahsa Mogoui commemoration ceremony and murdering a young mother, Fuladshahr outraged citizens attacked oppressive forces, pushing them to flee. [Footage]
Kermanshah Province, Kermanshah
Mourners rally at the local cemetery in Yarsan, Qasr-e Shirin, commemorating the late Afshin Asham 28, killed by security forces on October 26. “Death to Khamenei,” attendees chant. [Footage]
Kermanshah Province, Eslamabad-e Gharb
Gilan Province, Bandar Anzali
Residents pay homage to the late Amir Norowzi, 16, killed by security forces on September 22. “Our nation is proud of Amir,” the mourning mother says; attendees, respond Freedom, freedom, freedom! [Footage]
Residents pay homage to the late Amir Norowzi, 16, killed by security forces on September 22. Citizens chant Death to the dictator! [Footage]
citizens commemorate the late Amir Norowzi, 16, killed by security forces on September 22, chanting: Freedom, freedom, freedom! [Footage]
Kurdistan Province, Saqqez
Islamic Azad University students resume anti-regime protests, chanting: Freedom, freedom, freedom! [Footage]
Mazandaran Province, Amol
A large number of Amol citizens pay homage to the late Ghazaleh Chalabi, 33, killed by security forces on September 21, chanting: [Khamenei] is a disgrace! This is the year of [Khamenei] overthrow! [Footage]
Defiant youths resist oppressive forces barehandedly, pushing them to flee. [Footage]
Citizens march on the streets, paying homage to the late Ghazaleh Chalavi 33, killed by security forces on September 21. Citizens chant No fear! We’re all together! [Footage]
Fars Province, Shiraz
High schoolgirls resume anti-regime protests, chanting: Mullahs must get lost! [Footage]
Qazvin Province, Qazvin
Hero Navid Afkari‘s parents attend the commemoration ceremony of the late Javad Heydari 40, killed by security forces on September 22. Attendees raised images of Navid killed for participating in Iran protests. [Footage]
Kurdistan Province, Marivan
Islamic Azad University students resume anti-regime protests, chanting against IRGC, Basij agents: Death to the dictator! Basij is a mercenary and at the end of the rope! [Footage]
Razavi Khorasan Province, Neyshabur
Islamic Azad University students resume anti-regime protests. [Footage]