On Tuesday, November 15, 2022, merchants and citizens resumed strikes and protests across Iran on the third anniversary of the gas demonstrations in 2019 and the regime’s bloody suppression.
- Merchants went on strike in 60 bazaars in 36 cities.
- College students boycotted classes in 31 universities in 16 cities.
- Demonstrations and conflicts between protesters and oppressive forces continued in 30 points in Tehran and at least 100 cities.
“National observation of the anniversary of the November 2019 uprising – Businessmen and shop owners went on strike in Tehran, Shiraz, Rasht, Bandar Abbas, Marvdasht, Arak, Shemiran, Isfahan, Yazd, Najafabad, Kazerun, and Kurdish cities to commemorate those slain in November 2019,” said Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI).
“College students in Tehran, Karaj, Isfahan, Shiraz, Hamedan, Mashhad, etc. joined the brave ppl of Kuhdasht, Lorestan. Chanting “Death to the dictator” and “Free all imprisoned students,” they underline the Iranian people’s perseverance from November 2019 to the spring of a democratic revolution.”
November 15 marked the 61st day of anti-regime protests in Iran. The demonstrations began following the heinous murder of Mahsa Amini, 22, in police custody. However, it immediately turned into a revolution against the entire theocratic regime.
According to the Iranian opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK/PMOI), the protests have extended to 220 cities. The regime has killed more than 550 citizens, injured tens of thousands, and detained over 30,000. The MEK has published the names of 402 killed protesters.
As of 7:15 pm Tehran time on November 12, protests in #Iran have expanded to 220 cities.
Over 550 people killed and more than 30,000 arrested by the regime's forces. The PMOI/MEK has published the names of 402 killed protesters.#IranRevoIution#مرگ_بر_ستمگر_چه_شاه_باشه_چه_رهبر pic.twitter.com/gXivJiLarf
— People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) (@Mojahedineng) November 12, 2022
- Citizens attacked regime offices and bases, including the local seminary in Hafshanjan, Khamenei’s representation in Yazd, Revolutionary Guard-Basij Branch 2 in Kermanshah, Khamenei’s banner in Bushehr, Qassem Soleimani’s banner in Behbahan, Basij base in Kerman, Basij Meqdad Base in Gachsaran, and a pro-regime banner in Khoy.
- Outraged citizens gunned down IRGC Col. Reza Almasi, involved in oppression operations in Bukan city. Protesters also disarmed oppressive forces and torched the local municipality.
- Protesters took over an IRGC Basij base in Kamyaran city.
- In his remarks on October 31, the IRGC Seraj Organization deputy admitted that the regime can no longer intimidate people, and protesters resist oppressors.
- S. 70 Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said, “It’s time that the Administration made clear that America stands with the Iranian protesters—not the regime.”
- In a virtual news conference, Canadian federal ministers Marco Mendicino (public safety) and Sean Fraser (immigration, refugees, and citizenship) announce that Canada is officially designating Iran as a regime that engages in gross human rights violations and terrorism.
- S. Sen. Rick Scott said, “The US will not turn a blind eye to Iran’s evil treatment of peaceful protestors… We stand with the Iranian protestors and won’t tolerate such injustice.”
- Swedish Minister for Foreign Affairs Tobias Billstrom said, “The European Union should… impose for Tehran’s crackdown on protesters.”
- On November 11, French parliamentarians asked, in a forum in the “World”, the recall of the French ambassador and the registration of the body of the guards of the Islamic revolution on the list of terrorist organizations.
Citizens chant outside Tehran University:
Death to the dictator! Source
Iran is proud of Zahedan and Kurdistan! Source
Tehran University-Technology Faculty-Amirabad Branch students resume protests, singing inspiring anthems. Source
Tehran University-Technology Faculty-Amirabad Branch students resume protests, chanting:
Freedom, freedom, freedom! Source
[The regime] killed 1,500 people in November 2019! Source
Sistan & Baluchestan Province:
Protesters continued strikes and protests in Ahvaz, Behbahan, and Izeh.
Students and protesters continued protests and strikes in Babol, Sari, and Qaemshahr.
Protesters continued strikes and protests in Rasht, Lahijan, and Bandar Anzali.
Protesters continued strikes and protests in Kerman city.
Protesters continued strikes and protests in Isfahan city, Fuladshahr, and Felaverjan.