And while support for the mullahs is ever-diminishing, support for the Iranian Resistance group, the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK), headed by Maryam Rajavi, is only growing. The majority of the Iranian people and the Iranian diaspora support the MEK and would encourage world leaders to do the same.
Currently, Iran is experiencing dire floods that, as of writing, have killed almost 300, but the Iranian Regime has failed to send in rescue workers with aid. Instead, they sent in the suppressive security forces with guns. People have been shot dead for trying to protect their families, homes, and businesses from a natural disaster. Many more have died because the Regime failed to fund disaster relief and skimmed money from construction budgets over the past 40 years to feed the suppressive security forces.
That doesn’t even take into account the domestic repression, regional warmongering, support for terrorism, and nuclear weapons threat posed by the Regime, which makes so many people support the MEK instead.
Given that the sun is setting on the Iranian Regime, we thought it only right to look at the 10 Point political platform adopted by the MEK to see where Iran is headed in the near future.
- Democratic Elections: The MEK believe that the only route to political legitimacy should be a free and fair election based on universal suffrage.
- Individual Freedoms: The MEK want to create an Iran with complete respect for individual freedoms, including of party, of assembly, of expression, and of the media.
- Gender Equality: The MEK believes in gender equality across all sectors of life, which is why they would ban any form of discrimination against women, support equal female participation in political leadership, and allow women to freely choose their own clothing, relationships, education, and employment
- Judicial Reform: The MEK wants to set up a modern judicial system that is based on the rule of law and ascribes to the principles of presumption of innocence, the right to defence, effective judicial protection and the right to be tried in a public court. They would abolish Sharia law, along with the death penalty, and hire independent judges.
- Nationality Equality: The MEK is committed to the equality of all nationalities, which would include preserving the language and culture of all Iranians. They have also adopted a plan for the autonomy of Iranian Kurdistan.
- Human Rights: The MEK is committed to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and international covenant and conventions, including the Convention on the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women, the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, and the Convention against Torture.
- Foreign Policy: The MEK seek a foreign policy based on peaceful coexistence, international and regional peace and cooperation, and respect for the United Nations Charter.
- Nuclear Policy: The MEK wants a non-nuclear Iran, with no weapons of mass destruction.
- Market Economy: The MEK believes that all Iranians must enjoy equal opportunity in employment and in business ventures, which would include respect for private property, private investment and the market economy, as well as protection of the environment.
- Separation of Religion and State: The MEK is committed to the separation of Religion and State, which would ban discrimination against the followers of any religion and denomination.