- Published: Friday, 05 January 2018
By INU Staff
INU - On January 5, 2018, the Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran issued and important statement regarding the today’s UN Security Council session on the current uprising against the Iranian regime, the following is the full text of the statement:
Security Council upbraids Iran regime for mass murder and arrest of protesters
- Legitimate right of people to overthrow religious fascism and establishment of democracy must be recognized
The Iranian Resistance asks today's UN Security Council to defend the legitimate and natural right of the Iranian people to overthrow the religious fascism ruling Iran and to achieve the freedom they have been uprising for, and to strongly condemn and hold accountable the mullahs’ regime for killing defenseless and unarmed demonstrators; measures that are a clear indication of a crime against humanity, and confronting them is the responsibility of the United Nations Security Council.
According to reliable reports obtained by the Iranian Resistance, at least 50 demonstrators have been martyred by the direct fire of the Revolutionary Guards since the beginning of the uprising (during eight days) and more than 3,000 have been arrested. Children and teenagers as young as 12 or 13 years old are among the martyrs. The actual number of martyrs and arrestees is much more; a reality that the Iranian regime is trying hard to hide.
The clerical regime has blocked social networks in Iran since the first days of the uprising and cut off the Internet or has boosted severe restrictions on it. The IRGC commander, major general Jaafary, and the Minister of Communications, Azari Jahromi, and many other officials in the clerical regime officially acknowledged cutting off internet communications and announced that they would continue it until the unrest ends.
Welcoming the convening of today’s UN Security Council on Iran's uprising, the Iranian Resistance emphasizes the need for the following actions to be taken by the UN Security Council:
- Recognizing the legitimate right of the people of Iran to overthrow the ruling religious fascism and establish freedom and sovereignty of the people.
- Strongly condemning and holding accountable the Iranian regime for massacre and mass arrests of defenseless and unarmed protesters.
- Sanctioning the regime for the systematic violations of human rights, including the 1988 massacre and the killings during current uprising.
- Condemning cutting off the Internet and social networks, and ensuring the free access of the public to the Internet.
- Enforcing binding decisions for the release of thousands of arrested demonstrators and for establishing a monitoring system; and warning the Iranian regime that more serious actions will be taken should such trend continues.
Secretariat of the National Council of Resistance of Iran
January 5, 2018