News : Women
- Published: Sunday, 27 April 2014
International Reporter: Mrs. Rajavi, very rightly and justifiably spoke on the occasion, first of all she hailed the political prisoners on hunger strike, including those in Evin and Gohardasht, as well as their families, and all those that through protests, sit-in and hunger strike for having risen against the religious fascism ruling Iran in defense of the resistant political prisoners.
She once again urged all of the Iranian people, especially the fighting youth of Tehran, to join the protesting and justice-seeking movement in support of the resistant political prisoners.
Mrs. Rajavi called on the U.S. government, the European Union and its member states, the Security Council, the Secretary-General, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, the Special Rapporteur on Iran, and all international organizations that defend human rights to decisively condemn the brutal raid by the revolutionary guards and intelligence agents on the political prisoners in Evin Prison.
Specifically, she called for the implementation of the following:
1. An independent international probe by the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and Dr. Ahmed Shaheed, Special Rapporteur on Iran, into the barbaric raid of Evin Prison on April 17, 2014.
2. The return of all prisoners back from solitary cells and their immediate treatment by physicians in hospitals acceptable to the prisoners and their families.
3. Orderly and regular visits by the International Committee of the Red Cross to prisons in Iran, similar to the end Shah’s era towards the end of his rule who gave in to these visits in 1977.
4. Referral of the horrendous dossier of violation of human rights in Iran to the United Nations Security Council after condemnation by sixty resolutions in the General Assembly and other UN bodies.
5. Precondition political and economic relations of the United States and the European Union and its member states with the Iranian regime to the halt in executions and torture and the implementation of UN resolutions on violation of human rights in Iran.
It is one of the most important calls given by Mrs. Rajavi with strong appreciation for the protest and hunger strike for the concerned people, and also gave a strong calling note to U.S. EU and its member states, the Security Council, the Secretary-General, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, the Special Rapporteur on Iran and others.
Mrs. Rajavi’s call was firstly to condemn the brutal raid by the revolutionary guards and intelligence agents on the political prisoners in Evin Prison, and secondly, to take an immediate and suitable action to prevent such brutalities in Iran.
Dr. Raj Baldev- April 25, 2014
- 31,000 Young Girls Under the Age of 15 Married in Iran in just 9 months
- Next:Supreme Leader of Iran: Equality between women and men is one of the utterly wrong convictions of the West