Rajavi said: “This action, which was long overdue, should now be completed by designating the Iranian regime’s Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS).”
The IRGC, which is primarily responsible for domestic repression, the export of terrorism and war, and Iran’s nuclear and ballistic weapons, also controls that vast majority of the Iranian economy. That’s why the Iranian rial plunged 7.5% in value in one night after the designation. This is why the Regime were so terrified of the IRGC’s designation.
Rajavi said that the West’s disastrous appeasement policy has allowed the Regime and the Revolutionary Guards to attack the Iranian people, start wars in the Middle East, and support terrorists without consequence.
Rajavi said that the following measures against the Iranian Regime still need to be taken:
- Recognise the right of the Iranian people and Resistance to overthrow the Regime and establish freedom
- Place the Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS) and other bodies of suppression and export of terrorism and fundamentalism on terror watch lists in the US and EU
- Expel MOIS agents and the terrorist Quds Force from the US and EU
- Refer the dossier on the Regime’s human rights violations and massacre of political prisoners to the United Nations Security Council and the International Court of Justice
- Expel the Regime from the UN and recognise the Iranian Resistance as the true representative of the Iranian people
- Evict the Regime and its forces from Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon and Afghanistan
The US designated the IRGC as a “terrorist organization” on Monday.
Donald Trump said: “[This move] recognizes the reality that Iran is not only a State Sponsor of Terrorism, but that the IRGC actively participates in, finances, and promotes terrorism as a tool of statecraft. The IRGC is the Iranian government’s primary means of directing and implementing its global terrorist campaign.”
The US has already blacklisted tens of entities and people affiliated with the IRGC, but not the group as a whole.
Trump said: “This designation will be the first time that the United States has ever named a part of another government as an [terrorist organisation]. It underscores the fact that Iran’s actions are fundamentally different from those of other governments.”