On Wednesday, November 23, 2022, the revolution continued in Tehran and across Iran for the 69th consecutive day. Activists reported clashes between the people and repressive forces in at least 11 districts in the capital. Citizens pushed back the Revolutionary Guards and plainclothes agents in Moshiriyeh and Ekbatan districts. This happened despite the regime has mobilized more than 20,000 IRGC Basij and plainclothes forces to quell protests in Tehran.
Citizens also continued protests in Dehdasht, Sar Pol-e Zahab, Urmia, Lamerd, Zahedan, Sanandaj, Rask, and Mashhad on November 23. The people in Sar Pol-e Zahab and Mashhad turned funerals into revolutionary momentums against the entire regime.
Merchants, workers, and firefighters continued the nationwide strike in Tehran, Urmia, Ahvaz, Mashhad, Qazvin, Piranshahr, Bukan, Kamyaran, Javanrud, Saqqez, and Oshnavieh. College students continued the strike in Tehran, Isfahan, Sanandaj, and Rasht.
November 22 marked the 69th day of anti-regime protests in Iran. The demonstrations began following the heinous murder of Mahsa Amini, 22, in police custody. However, it immediately turned into a revolution against the entire theocratic regime.
According to the Iranian opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK/PMOI), the protests have extended to 250 cities. The regime has killed more than 640 citizens, injured tens of thousands, and detained over 30,000. The MEK has published the names of 503 killed protesters.
As of 11:30 pm Tehran time on November 23, protests in #Iran have expanded to 250 cities.
Over 640 people killed & more than 30,000 arrested by the regime's forces. The PMOI/MEK has published the names of 503 killed protesters.#IranRevoIution#مرگ_بر_ستمگر_چه_شاه_باشه_چه_رهبر pic.twitter.com/cJRhsFr7M9
— People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) (@Mojahedineng) November 23, 2022
- “The Iranian government has now killed hundreds of people, if not more, in its crackdown,” White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said. “The United States stands with Iranian women and all the citizens of Iran who are inspiring the world with their bravery.”
- The US Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) designated three security officials of the Iranian regime for its continued crackdown on ongoing protests throughout the country, including most recently in Kurdish areas.
- Security forces Col. Touraj Ardalan was killed during the oppressive operation in Baneh, Kurdistan, on October 27.
- “I think this is going to be an extremely important meeting UN Human Rights Council next week,” said U.S. Ambassador Beth Van Schaack in her special online briefing. “The Human Rights Council has not in the past really focused its attention in a laser way on Iran, and the recent events have finally sort of woken that institution up.”
- Activists published the image of the late Hasti Narouyi injured by Khamenei’s thugs and eventually passed away due to inhalation of toxic gas in the Zahedan Massacre on September 30. Hasti was just 7 years old!
- “The UN Human Rights Council is preparing to vote on whether to establish an independent international investigation into human rights violations in Iran,” stated Clooney Foundation for Justice. “Such an investigation is essential to ensure the people abused, killed, and detained during protests see justice.”
- In their joint statement, the UK, France, and Germany condemn Iran’s decision to further expand its nuclear program.
- “UN must Take immediate action to respond to human rights violations against children in Iran,” called the Save the Children on the UN Human Rights Council.
- “United Nations Human Rights Council member countries should vote to establish an independent fact-finding mission to investigate Iran’s deadly crackdown on widespread protests as a first step toward accountability,” said Human Rights Watch.
Students of the Pars Higher Education Institute of Art and Architecture are continuing the nationwide protests against the regime. Source
Merchants chant in Bazaar area: Kurdistan is the pride of Iran! Source
Students of Allameh Tabataba’i University chanting: Poverty! Corruption! Injustice! Down with this tyranny! Source
Protesters chant in Great Bazaar area: Death to the dictator! Source
Sar Pol-e Zahab citizens attend the funeral of the late Kuroush Pazhakh, chanting: Khamenei is a murderer; his rule is illegitimate! and Death to the child-killing regime! Source
Locals in Ahvaz are on strike and continuing the nationwide protests against the regime. Source
Sistan & Baluchestan Province:
Locals in Zahedan rallying in support of the country’s Kurdish cities and chanting: Death to Khamenei! and Death to IRGC! Source