On Monday, November 14, 2022, the Iranian regime’s Revolutionary Guards launched a rocket-drone attack on Iranian Kurdish parties in the Kurdish region of neighboring Iraq, leaving at least two dead and 11 injured.
Iranian opposition coalition National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) severely condemned IRGC’s attack on Iranian Kurdish parties’ headquarters in Iraqi Kurdistan.
“I strongly condemn the IRGC’s criminal attack on Iranian Kurdish parties in Iraqi Kurdistan, with my condolences for the loss of our fellow Kurds and wish for the recovery of the wounded,” said NCRI President-elect Maryam Rajavi. “I urge the United Nations Security Council to investigate immediately this act of aggression violating int’l laws.”
The EU and UK introduced new sanctions packages that include dozens of Iranian regime individuals and entities for their role in the security clampdown in on protesters. The sanctioned individuals and entities include IRGC chief-in-command Hossein Salami, Interior Minister Ahmad Vahidi, IRGC Aero-space chief Amir-Ali Hajizadeh, Communications Minister Issa Zarepour, Press TV, IRGC Basij Taavon Foundation, and Arvan Cloud Co.
“These sanctions target officials within the Iranian regime who are responsible for heinous human rights violations,” Foreign Secretary James Cleverly said.
November 14 marked the 60th day of anti-regime protests in Iran. The demonstrations began following the heinous murder of Mahsa Amini, 22, in police custody. However, it immediately turned into a revolution against the entire theocratic regime.
According to the Iranian opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK/PMOI), the protests have extended to 220 cities. The regime has killed more than 550 citizens, injured tens of thousands, and detained over 30,000. The MEK has published the names of 402 killed protesters.
As of 7:15 pm Tehran time on November 12, protests in #Iran have expanded to 220 cities.
Over 550 people killed and more than 30,000 arrested by the regime's forces. The PMOI/MEK has published the names of 402 killed protesters.#IranRevoIution#مرگ_بر_ستمگر_چه_شاه_باشه_چه_رهبر pic.twitter.com/gXivJiLarf
— People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) (@Mojahedineng) November 12, 2022
Follow the Day-by-Day Report of the Iran Revolution 2022…
- Protests continued in Tehran’s various districts and at least 12 other cities on November 14. Anti-regime demonstrations resumed in Qazvin, Tabriz, Sardasht, Rasht, Isfahan, Karaj, Shiraz, Mirjaveh, Zahedan, Arak, Sanandaj, and Tonekabon.
- Regime judiciary sentenced a detained protester to death and five others to long-time imprisonment. The U.S. National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan condemned the continued crackdown on protesters in Iran.
- “Today Iran is going to a dictatorship, military dictatorship. 80 million people live in Iran, and I think 90 percent of the people live in a very bad situation,” Luxembourg’s foreign minister Jean Asselborn said.
- “Today the European Union sends a new, unequivocal signal to the Iranian regime in Tehran: Human rights are indivisible,” Germany’s foreign minister Annalena Baerbock said.
- The UN Human Rights Council is holding a special session on Iran on Thursday, 24 November.
- Citizens install banners on public sites and spread hand-written papers, calling for nationwide protests on the November anniversary. From November 15 to 17, IRGC forces, Basij paramilitary forces, plainclothes agents, Intelligence Ministry officers, and State Security Forces killed more than 1,500 citizens, injured tens of thousands, and arrested at least 12,000 people.
- Citizens commemorated the late Yalda Agha-Fazli in Tehran, Matin Nassiri in Sanandaj, and Heyman Hamzeh in Sardasht, revolting against the entire regime instead of mourning.
- S. Ambassador to Iraq Alina L. Romanowski tweeted, “The U.S. strongly condemns the Iranian drone and missile attack on the Iraqi Kurdistan Region today.”
Saadatabad residents take to the streets, commemorating the late Yalda Agha-Fazli, 19. Officials detained Yalda, an artist, during protests at Enghelab [Revolution] Sq on October 26. However, she committed suicide on November 11 due to inhumane pressure, just five days after being released from the notorious Qarchak prison. [Source]
Footage shows authorities firing sonic bombs and tear gas to disperse citizens who rallied to commemorate the late Yalda Agha-Fazli. [Source]
Citizens chanted at the late Yalda Agha-Fazli memorial: They took our Yalda, returned her lifeless body! and This beloved rose devoted to [Iran]! [Source]
Locals in Valiasr Crossroads Metro Station were chanting “Death to the dictator!” and continuing the nationwide protests against the regime. [Source]
Fine Arts University-Pardis Branch students continue #IranProtests, boycotting classes. [Source]
Saadatabad residents chant: 1,000 people are behind every slain protester! and This is the year of [Khamenei] overthrow! [Source]
High school students chant: This is the year of [Khamenei] overthrow! [Source]
Sanandaj locals gathered to mark the 40th day of Matin Nasri’s murder by the regime’s oppressive security forces. They’re chanting anti-regime slogans. [Source]
Students of Qazvin University of Medical Sciences are seen rallying and continuing the nationwide protests against the regime. [Source]
High school students chanted in Golshahr, Karaj: Death to the dictator! [Source]
High school students chanted in Golshahr, Karaj: This is the year of [Khamenei] overthrow! [Source]
East Azarbaijan Province:
Tabriz University students wrote anti-regime slogans, including “Death to Khamenei,” “Death to [Khamenei] for all these years of crimes,” and “This is the year of [Khamenei] overthrow,” on the blackboard. [Source]
West Azarbaijan Province:
Sardasht locals gathered to mark the 3rd day of Heyman Hamzeh’s murder by the regime’s oppressive border patrol. Activists say they were chanting slogans against the regime. [Source]
Citizens take to Bistoun St, Rasht: Death to the dictator! [Source]
High school students pushed a pro-regime mullah to flee, chanting: You are disgraced, I’m a free woman! [Source]
Shiraz protesters wrote in graffiti: For martyrs’ blood, we resist to the end! and Death to Khamenei! [Source]
Sistan & Baluchestan Province:
Protesters in Mirjaveh began setting up fires to block a local road. They’re protesting the regime’s ongoing crackdown against the local Baluchi community. [Source]
Units of the regime’s oppressive security forces raided several homes in the Shirabad district, Zahedan, according to local activists. [Source]
Municipal agents collect garbage bins following calls for nationwide protests on the anniversary of the November 2019 protests. Protesters use these bins to establish roadblocks during anti-regime demonstrations. [Source]