On Wednesday, November 30, 2022, citizens across Iran took to the streets following the regime soccer team’s defeat in the World Cup in Qatar. Iranians’ rare celebration of the so-called National Team’s loss marked nationwide defiance of the regime in its entirety far beyond any indication.
As the country has been drenched in blood from Kurdistan to Zahedan, the mullahs resorted to the World Cup competitions to divert international attention from the ongoing revolution. Instead, it met a significant failure, and the world witnessed that the regime’s soccer team no longer represents the nation, let alone its political officials.
Footage shows citizens celebrated the regime team’s defeat in various districts in the capital, including:
Chitgar, Punak, Paran, Moshiriyeh, Valiasr, Bagh-e Feyz, Saadatabad, Sattarkhan, Naziabad, Tehranpars, Tehransar, Andisheh town, Quds city, Abdolabad, Yousefabad, etc.
Drivers sounded long horns showing their joy over the “National Team’s” loss. “Death to the dictator,” “Death to Khamenei,” “[Khamenei] is desperate and his coffin is ready,” “Death to the child-killing regime,” “Mullahs must get lost,” and “Revolutionary Guards Basij are silent,” citizens chanted. In Quds city, citizens threw rotten eggs at regime forces.
Celebrations extended to Karaj, Arak, Qazvin, Garmsar, Rasht, Mashhad, Ardabil, Urmia, Zanjan, Khalkhal, Yazdanshahr, Shahinshahr, Kermanshah, Zahedan, Dehgolan, Divandrreh, Marivan, Sanandaj, Javanrud, Saqqez, Paveh, Mahabad, Kamyaran Andimeshk, Salas-e Babajani, Behbahan, Khorramabad, Gohardasht, Dezful, Ahvaz, Shushtar, Kish Island, Bandar Abbas, etc. Citizens celebrated the regime football team’s defeat with fireworks.
“Iranian people expressed their anger last night with unison chants of “Death to Khamenei” and “Death to Bassiji” at the regime’s corruption of national sport,” said Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran. “If anyone in any position or career stands with the mullahs, people know them as anti-patriotic and anti-Iranian.”
Authorities reportedly severely dealt with people’s happiness, firing tear gas and birdshot at citizens. Security forces shot the head of Mehran Samak, 27, in Bandar Anzali, northern Iran, for sounding his car’s horn and celebrating the regime soccer team’s defeat in the World Cup 2022.
November 30 marked the 76th day of anti-regime protests in Iran. The demonstrations began following the heinous murder of Mahsa Amini, 22, in police custody. However, it immediately turned into a revolution against the entire theocratic regime.
According to the Iranian opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK/PMOI), the protests have extended to 277 cities. The regime has killed more than 680 citizens, injured tens of thousands, and detained over 30,000. The MEK has published the names of 541 killed protesters.
As of 8:00 pm Tehran time on November 30, protests in #Iran have expanded to 277 cities.
Over 680 people killed and more than 30,000 arrested by the regime's forces. The PMOI/MEK has published the names of 541 killed protesters.#IranRevoIution#مرگ_بر_ستمگر_چه_شاه_باشه_چه_رهبر pic.twitter.com/tOvnjpcyjW
— People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) (@Mojahedineng) November 30, 2022
- Protesters attacked the Basij base in Jafari district, Bandarabbas, with Molotov cocktails. Citizens torched the state banks of Sepah and Mellat, and the home of a local agent in Kamyaran. In Mashhad, protesters also attacked a home and a car belonging to a judge, responsible for issuing death sentences for protesters. Demonstrators attacked Khamenei representative’s office in Mahdasht, Karaj, with Molotov cocktails.
- Protests continued in Tehran, Khorramabad, Marivan, Sanandaj, and Isfahan.
- Intelligence officer Ahmad Salehi was gunned down by unknown individuals in Zabol, Sistan & Baluchestan province. State media reported he was killed during an “operation.”
- Freedom-loving Iranians hold a rally and exhibition outside the U.S. Capitol on November 29 in solidarity with the ongoing revolution in Iran and marking more than 680 martyrs.
- Citizens marked the late Shuresh Niknam in Mahabad and Massoud Dowlatshahi in Khorramabad, both killed by authorities during the recent protests. Attendees chanted anti-regime slogans in the cemeteries.
- Simultaneous with the nationwide uprising across Iran, the regime hanged at least 13 inmates, including eight Iranian Baluchis, in Zahedan, Iranshahr, Zabol, Hamedan, Kashan, Isfahan, Mashhad, Ilam.
- UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Situation in Iran Javaid Rehman voiced concern that the repression of protesters was intensifying, with authorities launching a “campaign” of sentencing them to death.
- IRGC Aerospace Chief Amir-Ali Hajizadeh admitted that hundreds of regime forces have become slain during the recent unrest. Furthermore, he underscored what’s happening in Iran is a full-scale war between the state and society. Hajizadeh sounded his desperation over the regime’s failed propaganda campaign against the MEK.
- “The MEK has targeted the youths’ thoughts, turning ‘protests’ into ‘riots,’” said State Police chief Hossein Ashtari. “We enjoyed 737 security and surveillance institutions with more than 100,000 security agents in over 12,000 points across the country… in addition to Razavioun patrols, and more.”
This usually busy road is completely empty as truck drivers continue their strike against the mullahs’ regime in Firuzkuh. Source
High school students protest, chanting: Poverty, corruption, high prices! We’re going to overthrow the regime! Source
Brave women chant in Haft-Howz, Narmak, addressing the regime: Poverty, corruption, high prices; we continue until the overthrow of the regime! and 1,000 people are behind every slain protester! Source
Students celebrated the regime soccer team’s loss and removal from World Cup 2022 at the Tarasht 3 dorm of the Sharif University of Technology early morning. Source
High schoolgirls march in Qasr-e Dasht, chanting: Death to the dictator! Source
Employees of the Raja New Industrial Company are on strike. This company is associated with Tehran Railways. Source
Farmers of this province gathered outside the local Water Department to demand answers regarding their problems in their farms. Source
Locals gathered for the funeral of Mehran Samak, killed in Bandar Anzali last night by the regime’s security forces, chanting: Death to the dictator! Source
Sistan & Baluchestan Province:
High school students in Khash protested the mullahs’ rule. Source
Locals in Zahedan were celebrating the regime’s loss in the World Cup 2022. Source
Razavi Khorasan Province:
Truck drivers are continuing their strike in Mashhad. Source
Schoolkids in Sanandaj are seen celebrating the regime’s loss in the World Cup 2022 Source
Kurdistan University students were celebrating the regime’s team losing in the World Cup 2022. Source
Protesters chanting “Death to [regime agents]!” in the early hours after midnight local time. Source
Regime security forces opened fire on locals celebrating the loss of the regime’s team in the World Cup 2022. Source