The third session of the 2020 Free Iran Global Summit mainly focused on tackling the Iranian regime’s terrorism. In this regard, the summit participants advocated closing Iranian embassies and expelling Iranian agents.
In this short series, we will look at the speech given by Iranian opposition leader Maryam Rajavi about Iranian Regime terrorism that has primarily targeted the Iranian people and their resistance.
LIVE STREAM of #FreeIran2020 Global Summit—Day 3
Special event by @iran_policy on the Iranian regime's terrorist activities across the globe.
The world must shut down #Iran's embassies & #ExpelIranDiplomatTerrorists https://t.co/YkvRv6F5Ys
— IranNewsUpdate (@IranNewsUpdate1) July 20, 2020
In the previous part, Maryam Rajavi gave her advice to Western governments, which is basically to take a firm policy towards the mullahs in order to stop the domestic suppression of the Iranian people and terrorism against the international community.
This part will talk about Maryam Rajavi’s call for the international community to do more to tackle the regime, where she gave seven suggestions for what must be done, noting that the Iranian people and their Resistance want international governments to oppose “the foremost sponsor and central banker of international terrorism” to protect global peace and security.
Maryam Rajavi Calls:
- All privileges and resources that allow the regime to carry out terrorism must be removed, including closing the embassies and expelling diplomats, who essentially serve as terrorists for the regime. (This is supported by a June 2019 report from the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution of Germany (BfV) and a June 2020 resolution by the U.S. House of Representatives.)
- All companies, cultural and educational centers, religious associations, or places of worship that are funded and supported by the regime must be exposed as centers of terrorism and closed down.
- All international financial transactions conducted by people or entities linked with the intelligence ministry or the terrorist Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) Qods Force must be blocked.
- All regime agents and operatives must be expelled from Western countries, no matter what cover story they are using (i.e. journalists, diplomats, refugees, opponents).
- Western governments should stop their security and intelligence services from communicating with the Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS) or Qods Force because this only helps regime agents get into the West.
- Publish in full and publicize all reports on the regime’s terrorist plots and the identities of regime agents and operatives active in the West, with no mind to commercial and diplomatic interests because safety trumps business and politics every time. It is also essential that, for the same reasons, all the regime’s front entities or lobbies should be made public with as much information as possible.
- Effective legislation should be passed in every country to facilitate the expulsion of MOIS and IRGC agents to protect peace and safety in those countries.
Maryam Rajavi said: “I hope that all governments respond positively to these calls because their own people’s interests and security depend on such acts of firmness… Any act of firmness against this regime and any steps taken against it, anywhere in the world, will aid the Iranian people’s struggle to overthrow the regime, and is in line with international peace and security.”