On Monday, December 19, 2022, citizens launched a three-day campaign of nationwide protests and strikes across Iran. Many merchants and locals began a strike in Tehran, Kerman, Kurdistan, Kermanshah, West Azarbaijan, and other areas. Simultaneously, protesters resumed anti-regime demonstrations and activities, showing the regime’s vulnerability.
“The Iranian uprising has deep roots in four decades of people’s resistance against this regime,” said Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran. “The participating protesters are deeply aware and see a bright future ahead of them.”
December 19 marked the 95th day of anti-regime protests in Iran. The demonstrations began following the heinous murder of Mahsa Amini, 22, in police custody. However, it immediately turned into a revolution against the entire theocratic regime.
According to the Iranian opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK/PMOI), the protests have extended to 282 cities. The regime has killed over 700 citizens, injured tens of thousands, and detained more than 30,000. The MEK has published the names of 596 killed protesters.
As of 4 pm Tehran time on December 17, protests in #Iran have expanded to 280 cities.
Over 700 people killed and more than 30,000 arrested by the regime's forces. The PMOI/MEK has published the names of 596 killed protesters.#IranRevoIution#مرگ_بر_ستمگر_چه_شاه_باشه_چه_رهبر pic.twitter.com/mPgiv7cPDE
— People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) (@Mojahedineng) December 17, 2022
- Amnesty International issued a “CALL TO ACTION” to save the lives of detained citizens in Iran. “Help stop arbitrary executions of protesters in Iran!” the call read.
- Unknown individuals attacked security forces’ patrol in Rask, Sistan & Baluchestan province, following the regime’s atrocities in this city. State media reported that gunmen’s attack on two vehicles of ranger unit forces led to the overthrow of a vehicle and injured at least three rangers. In another attack in Saravan, four IRGC members were slain.
- Protesters launched a series of attacks on IRGC bases in Galedar, Golpayegan, Karaj, and Qom, responding to the regime’s atrocities. Outraged citizens also torched the homes of regime local mercenaries in Saqqez and Takab.
- Large crowds of Mahabad citizens marked the 40-day memorial of Faegh Mam-Ghaderi, 37, who passed away following security forces opening fire and injuring him in a hospital on November 9. He was the father of two.
- In its latest advice, the Australian Foreign Ministry continues to advise not to travel to Iran. “There’s been an increase in the number of foreign nationals arrested.” Remarkably, the Belgian Foreign Ministry issued the same warning yesterday.
- “As we mourn the brutal execution of Majid Reza Rahnavard, we must remember that many Iranians are in grave danger of meeting the same fate. The international community must exercise its powers to respond to the Iranian regime’s ongoing crimes against its own people,” said U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez.
- He also called the death sentence against Amir Nasr-Azadani “Appalling.” “Professional soccer player Amir Nasr-Azadani faces execution in Iran simply for campaigning for women’s rights and basic freedom. The world must stand against such barbarous punishment of peaceful protesters.”
Protesters chant in Ekbatan district: “Death to the execution republic!” Source
Protesters chant in Jamalzadeh district:
“Death to the dictator!” and “Political prisoners must be freed!” Source
“Death to the Islamic Republic regime!” “Death to the dictator!” and “1,000 people are behind every slain protester!” Source
Protesters torched a security forces’ banner for espionage in Eslamshahr. Source
Protesters block a street in Shahrak-e Naft, Punak, chanting anti-regime slogans: Khamenei is a murderer; his rule is illegitimate! Source
Protesters chant in Rasht’s Moallem [Teacher] St: “We swear on the blood of our compatriots, we are standing to the end!” Source
More footage of the large number of locals in Rasht continuing the nationwide protests against the regime. Source
Protesters chant in Golshahr district, Karaj: “High prices & inflation are killing the people!” “We don’t want a child-killing regime!” and “Death to the dictator!” Source
North Khorasan Province:
Locals in Esfarayen are seen attacking communications assets belonging to the regime’s forces and authorities. Source
Razavi Khorasan Province:
Locals continuing the nationwide protests against the regime in Mashhad’s Vakilabad district. Source