On Saturday, November 12, 2022, university students resume anti-regime protests in Tehran and other cities. They warned the regime about executing detained protesters, chanting: “This is the last message; we uprise if you execute,” referring to 227 regime MPs’ call for executing detained protesters on November 6.
“Imprisoned students must be freed” and “Students; raise your voices and shout for your rights,” they chanted. Simultaneously, defiant youths continued anti-regime activities, attacking pro-regime banners and Revolutionary Guards bases. The nationwide strike continued in Saqqez and other areas.
In Tehran, dozens of citizens rallied outside the notorious Evin prison, seeking their detained loved ones’ whereabouts. Following the regime’s crime in Evin prison on October 15, prisoners’ families frequently rallied outside the prison. However, officials refuse to notify them about their children’s fate.
November 12 marked the 58th day of anti-regime protests in Iran. The demonstrations began following the heinous murder of Mahsa Amini, 22, in police custody. However, it immediately turned into a revolution against the entire theocratic regime.
According to the Iranian opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK/PMOI), the protests have extended to 220 cities. The regime has killed more than 550 citizens, injured tens of thousands, and detained over 30,000. The MEK has published the names of 402 killed protesters.
As of 7:15 pm Tehran time on November 12, protests in #Iran have expanded to 220 cities.
Over 550 people killed and more than 30,000 arrested by the regime's forces. The PMOI/MEK has published the names of 402 killed protesters.#IranRevoIution#مرگ_بر_ستمگر_چه_شاه_باشه_چه_رهبر pic.twitter.com/gXivJiLarf
— People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) (@Mojahedineng) November 12, 2022
- The IRGC Intelligence Organization issued a statement warning that the MEK is contacting citizens, inciting protests and the destruction of oppressive bases.
- Amnesty International Secretary-General Agnes Callamard said, “UN Human Rights Council must help break systemic impunity by establishing an independent investigative and accountability mechanism.”
- Former State Department Spokesperson Morgan Ortagus said, “Iran Nuclear Deal Dead as Anti-Regime Protests Surge.”
- UK-France foreign ministers condemned Iran’s violent repression of legitimate peaceful protests and Iran’s support for Russia’s illegal war in Ukraine, including through drones used for indiscriminate targeting of civilians and civilian infrastructure.
- Federal Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany Olaf Scholz condemns the mullahs’ regime’ suppression, supporting sanctions as “one way in which we are stepping up the pressure on the regime.”
- Freedom-loving Iranians continued rallies in Stockholm, Vienna, Amsterdam, and Berlin, supporting the Iranian people’s revolution.
Tehran University of Science and Culture students strike. They chanted: “This is the last message, if you execute we’ll rise up.” [Source]
Students of the National University are boycotting their classes and continuing the nationwide protests against the regime. [Source]
Students of Tehran and Sharif universities are boycotting their classes as protests over the arrest of classmates continue. [Source]
Students of the University of Science and Culture chanting: “No to [compulsory] hijab; no to oppression!” and “Freedom and equality!” [Source]
Protesters in Babolsar set fire to a local base of the regime’s oppressive IRGC paramilitary Basij Force. [Source]
Sanandaj High school students protesting against the mullahs’ regime. [Source]
High school students protested in Sanandaj, chanting:
“Mullahs must get lost!” [Source]
“Rape and crimes; Death to the mullahs’ regime!” [Source]
Saqqez locals are on strike and continuing the nationwide protests against the regime. [Source]
Graffiti near the Sirjan MP’s office reads: “Death to the murderous MP!” This is in response to a call by 227 MPs demanding the execution of recently arrested protesters. [Source]
West Azarbaijan Province:
Mahabad protesters set fire to a local IRGC paramilitary Basij Force site. [Source]
Sistan & Baluchestan Province:
Students of the Zahedan University of Science and Culture are boycotting their classes as they protest the regime’s escalating crackdown. [Source]
Students of Karaj Kharizmi University chanted: “[The regime] killed the students and replaced them with the mullahs.” [Source]
Razavi Khorasan Province:
High school students in Kashmar destroyed the images of regime founder Khomeini and current dictator Khamenei. [Source]