On Wednesday, November 16, 2022, merchants and citizens continued strikes and protests across Iran on the third anniversary of the gas demonstrations in 2019 and the regime’s bloody suppression.
- Merchants went on strike in 64 bazaars in Tehran and at least 45 cities.
- College students continued protests in at least 10 prominent universities in Tehran and other cities.
- Demonstrations and conflicts between protesters and oppressive forces continued in Tehran and dozens of cities.
“On the 2nd day of the anniversary of the November 2019 uprising, Iranian citizens rose up in dozens of cities across Iran, including in universities and bazaars. They thus declared their solidarity and determination to overthrow religious fascism.,” said Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI).
“Despite death sentences, intimidation of the public, and brutal attack on the funeral ceremony of Foad Mohammadi in Kamyaran, courageous women and men of Iran held continued their protests in dozens of cities, proving that the uprising will not cease. Rebels win victory.”
November 16 marked the 62nd day of anti-regime protests in Iran. The demonstrations began following the heinous murder of Mahsa Amini, 22, in police custody. However, it immediately turned into a revolution against the entire theocratic regime.
According to the Iranian opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK/PMOI), the protests have extended to 227 cities. The regime has killed more than 550 citizens, injured tens of thousands, and detained over 30,000. The MEK has published the names of 402 killed protesters.
As of 8:30 pm Tehran time on November 16, protests in #Iran have expanded to 227 cities.
Over 560 people killed and more than 30,000 arrested by the regime's forces. The PMOI/MEK has published the names of 402 killed protesters.#IranRevoIution#مرگ_بر_ستمگر_چه_شاه_باشه_چه_رهبر pic.twitter.com/INbUAR0xcx
— People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) (@Mojahedineng) November 16, 2022
Follow the Day-by-Day Report of the Iran Revolution 2022…
- According to the reports tallied by dissidents, protesters attacked and torched Khamenei’s representations, banners, Revolutionary Guards Basij bases, and the regime’s iconic statues in Tehran, Sabzevar, Isfahan, Shiraz, Qazvin, Kermanshah, Shush, Khoy, Talesh, Saveh, Qorveh, Birjand, Dezful, Ilam, Zahedan, Iranshahr, Khaf, Lendeh, Babol, and Karaj on November 15.
- Protesters attacked MP’s office in Gorgan, the local seminary in Birjand, a local agent’s home in Baneh, the local seminary and municipality office in Izeh, and the local seminary in Urmia in the early hours of Wednesday.
- Zob-Ahan [Steel] employees in Isfahan, Greenspace forces in Bandarabbas, and crane drivers in Asaluyeh joined the nationwide strike.
- In an initiative, citizens aired inspiring audio type in public across Tehran and various cities, saying: “It’s time for revolution!” the type was followed by a red siren as a sign of emergency and revolutionary conditions.
- Security forces reportedly opened fire on protesters in various cities, murdering at least ten protesters and injuring more.
- Plainclothes agents surrounded Tabriz University, preparing for attacking the campus. Activists call on citizens to aid surrounding students.
- Draft resolution on the situation of human rights in Iran adopted with 79 votes in favor. “Iranian women are subject to brutal discrimination,” said UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Situation in Iran Javaid Rehman. “Violence against women in Iran must stop.”
- The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) designated six senior employees of the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB).
Saadatabad residents chant against regime forces: You are disgraced; I’m a free woman! Source
Passengers chant in a metro cabin at Qal’e Hassankhan: Freedom, freedom, freedom! Source
Protesters chant in Valiasr St: Death to the dictator! Source
Heravi St residents chant: Mullahs must get lost! and Death to the dictator! Source
Ekbatan residents chant: IRGC forces will be killed this year; death to the entire regime! Source
Brave protesters block the streets in Jannatabad, getting ready to confront oppressive forces. Source
Tehransar residents block the streets, chanting: Freedom, freedom, freedom! Source
Protesters chant in Ferdows Blvd: Death to the dictator! Source
Locals in Qolyan village, Sanandaj, set ablaze a site of the regime’s IRGC paramilitary Basij Force. Source
Saqqez protesters rally outside the Tamin Ejtemaei hospital, establishing roadblocks. Source
Bijar protesters take to the streets, chanting: Death to the dictator! Source
Protesters in Fuladshahr attacked and set fire to the office of the local representative of regime Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. Source
Intense confrontation between protesters and the regime’s security forces in Ahvaz. Source
Large crowd of protesters in Borazjan are seen continuing the nationwide protests against the regime. Source
The regime’s security forces began opening fire on protesters and bystanders in Bandarabbas, according to local protesters. Source
Locals are in tense confrontations with the regime’s security forces while continuing the nationwide protests against the regime. Source
Protesters chanting: Death to the dictator! Source