This article is part of our series that explores Tehran’s terror activities and Iranian diplomat Assadollah Assadi‘s role in a bombing plot against the opposition rally in Paris in June 2018.
The trial of an Iranian state-sponsored terrorist, the first of its kind in Europe, began on Friday and has attracted worldwide attention.
Ahead of the terrorism trial of Iranian diplomat terrorist Assadollah Assadi and his three accomplices for attempting to blow up the Iranian Resistance’s Free Iran rally with the intention of killing the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) Maryam Rajavi, Maryam Rajavi has called for justice; not just in this case and for these people but for all of the regime’s terrorism across the past 41 years.
“The independent and professional investigations by Belgian Judicial authorities are commendable. As these investigations have shown, we are facing a case of organized state terrorism. As such, in addition to those being prosecuted in this court today, the time has time for the Iranian regime’s leaders to be prosecuted as well,” Maryam Rajavi said.
By regime leaders, she specifically means:
- President Hassan Rouhani, who heads the Supreme National Security Council, decided to bomb the Resistance’s gathering in Paris
- Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, who approved it
- Foreign Minister Javad Zarif, who is in charge of all the embassies and diplomats
- Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alavi, who places agents into the embassies to carry out terrorist acts
“When the regime’s diplomat-terrorist, Assadollah Assadi, was arrested, Zarif, who also was personally involved in this terrorist plot, made the ridiculous claim that this was as ‘false flag’ operation to absolve Assadi of responsibility and blame the victims for this crime,” the NCRI President-elect stressed.
She explained that this showed that there was no distinction between the different agencies of the regime, especially when it comes to using terrorism as a tool of statecraft
“Today, far beyond just this particular court, the entirety of the regime is being prosecuted before the world’s conscience, especially the people of Europe. The European Union and member states whose territories have become the roaming grounds for terrorism by the religious fascism ruling Iran are being judged by the court of public opinion to end the policy of silence vis-à-vis the regime’s terrorism and adopt a decisive policy towards Iran’s medieval regime,” Maryam Rajavi added.
Maryam Rajavi’s Desires
- Recognition of the Iranian regime as the godfather of international terrorism
- Prosecution of regime leaders and bring them to justice, as a deterrent to future terrorist acts
- Designation of the Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS) and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) as terrorist entities
- Prosecution and expulsion of the regime’s intelligence agents, and the Quds Force and its mercenaries in European countries, as well as a refusal to offer them the unearned status of political refugee and foreign nationalities, which would lead to yet more terrorism by them later
- The immediate shutdown of the regime’s embassies in Europe and around the world, as well as the so-called cultural and religious centers, which are actually used to coordinate terrorism and espionage