The Iranian people’s recent uprising can be regarded as the most noteworthy accomplishment of the previous year. This accomplishment was complemented by the Iranian Resistance’s successful confrontation with the regime’s plots.
Of particular importance were the restless efforts of the Resistance Units inside Iran, who kept the flame of the uprising alive against the regime’s repressive measures.
At the same time, the Iranian Resistance countered efforts by the regime and opportunist elements to detract the revolution from its course. The regime is utilizing the card of the overthrown monarchy, promoting the son of the former Shah, in an attempt to undermine the influence of the actual opposition. Advocates of monarchism attempted to exploit this opportunity, which was in fact provided by the mullahs’ regime, to somehow associate themselves with the people’s fight for a free and democratic nation.
The regime assembled different so-called opposition organizations and personalities. At the same time, it tried to spread propaganda claiming that the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran (PMOI/MEK) lacks a support base and legitimacy among the Iranian population.
Attempting to procure legitimacy for Shah’s son, they embarked on a pitiful online campaign labeled “My representative is Reza Pahlavi” which proved to be fruitless. Despite hoping to garner millions of signatures, they only managed to obtain a few hundred thousand. They also released a manifesto without substance, which even drew criticism from their devoted followers.
Meanwhile, the Iranian Resistance launched a massive global campaign against the regime’s efforts to mislead the uprising.
As part of this campaign, the following activities can be noted:
- Conference in the US Senate in support of the uprising of the Iranian people for a democratic republic
- Nowruz conference of Iran’s Resistance at the initiative of the British Committee of Iran Freedom (BCFIF), in the UK parliament with the participation of a cross-party group of MPs and peers, along with the members of the Anglo-Iranian Community in support of the uprising and resistance of the Iranian people.
- A meeting in Washington on March 11 with the presence of some of the most prominent political figures and statesmen from the US (from both the Republican and Democratic parties), including former Vice President Mike Pence.
- Increasing the number of signatures of the bipartisan resolution 100 of the American Congress in support of the Resistance of the Iranian people to 225, which means the majority of the Congress.
- International Women’s Day conference in Brussels and Ashraf 3 entitled, ‘Onward to a Democratic Republic, Iranian Women Leading the Way.’
- The statement of 250 members of the House of Commons and Lords of England, in support of the national uprising of the Iranian people, the National Council of Resistance of Iran, and the 10-point program of Mrs. Maryam Rajavi for the future of Iran. Two members of the House of Commons, David Jones and Bob Blackman went to Ashraf-3 in Albania, where they met with MEK members and presented the statement.
- A delegation of Italian Parliament members led by Senator Giulio Terzi, former Italian Foreign Minister and the head of the Senate European Union Affairs Committee, and MPs Stefania Ascari from the Judicial Committee and Emanuele Pozzolo from the Foreign Affairs Committee visited Ashraf 3 on March 2.
- On March 15, in a joint letter, 50 Nobel Laureates expressed their support for the ongoing nationwide uprising in Iran. They endorsed the Iranian opposition president-elect Mrs. Maryam Rajavi’s 10-point platform for a secular democratic and non-nuclear republic.
This list only represents a fraction of the Iranian Resistance’s accomplishments and undertakings as of March 2023, underscoring the capacity of the Resistance inside Iran and across the globe. It further demonstrates that no one can rob the Iranian people of their imminent revolution this time.