From all indications, the Iranian regime is sitting on a powder keg. The accumulation of the citizens’ discontent under the shell of the cities and flare of the people’s anger in the stormy streets, speak volumes about an explosive society.
A citizenry that is counting every moment, second, minute, and day to use any opportunity to overthrow the regime.
The overwhelming majority of Iranian yearn for a country without mullahs. The mullahs are aware of this sentiment better than anyone else and feel quite threatened, which explains their resort to doubling down on repression.
Remarks by a regime cleric, Mohammad Reza Zaeri, affirm this reality.
“Once in the last ten days they have spit on me, two-three times I faced intense insults, and now the SNAP (Iran’s UBER) drivers throw me out on the street. Those who need to understand and know, are they aware of the growing amount of hatred and resentment and crisis that we have been warning about for years or not?” he told.
The regime has put forward several measures to prevent further protests, including the following:
- Denying the existence of the explosive conditions in society and trying to offer band-aid solutions to the crises and growing dissatisfaction in the form of hollow promises and delaying promised deadlines.
- Demonizing its main opposition (the People’s Mojahedin Organization of Iran PMOI/MEK) and connecting the protesting people and youths to enemies from abroad and repressing them with such bogus charges as undermining the country’s security.
- Intimidating and terrorizing the public with arbitrary arrests and forced disappearances.
- Carrying out plans for more internet censorship and curbing free access to information, to deny access by the people to the Resistance Units.
- Carrying out terror actions abroad to divert attention from the domestic crises.
- Saber-rattling through hollow military maneuvers, missile, and drone expos to project a position of power. Parading the victims of the Iran-Iraq war and carrying out a nationwide mourning ceremony for the eliminated Qassem Soleimani to overshadow the flames of the protests.
Cleric Abolhassan Mahdavi, Isfahan’s Friday prayers leader, referring to the regime’s supreme leader Ali Khamenei’s remarks, said, “Our officials must be vigilant and pay attention to do something so that the enemy cannot impose his will wherever it wants. They are sitting outside our country, they do not need to dominate our geographical land, but they give intellectual guidance from there.”
A statement by the Friday prayer headquarters on January 7 also stated, “They are influencing the thoughts. The officials should be aware, the people are demanding the same things as the previous years. The officials should follow up the National Internal Information Network, very seriously.”
What the Resistance Units are doing in Iran today directly counters the regime’s actions to stymie the eruption of further uprisings. In a nutshell, their responsibility is to engage in offensive and daring actions to transform the current situation into a revolutionary one. That is to create an atmosphere in which uprisings and rebellion become an everyday occurrence.
The activities of the Resistance Units act as a blow of a sledgehammer on the wall of repression, paving the way for nationwide protests.
The activities of the Resistance Units have an organic relation with the protests of the people. An increase in the former will increase the latter.
This unstoppable struggle is continuing throughout all the days of the week. With Iranians joining the ranks of the Resistance Units or lending support to them on the rise, the day of reckoning for the mullahs is getting closer every day.
Mr. Mike Pence, the former US Vice President, spoke about the people’s right to resist this regime and the importance of the Resistance Units.
“Ebrahim Raisi must be removed from office by the people of Iran – and he must be prosecuted for crimes against humanity and GENOCIDE. Today, the resistance movement in Iran has never been stronger.
“Resistance Units in Iran are the center of hope for the Iranian people. They are an engine for change from within during the uprisings and continued protests. We stand unequivocally on the side of the Iranian people and their Resistance Units,” the former Vice President told the Free Iran Summit in Washington, DC, on October 28, 2021.