On Saturday, December 24, 2022, citizens in Iran marked day 100 of the ongoing revolution on the eve of Christmas. Since the heinous murder of 22-year-old Mahsa Amini in police custody on September 16, the country has witnessed thousands of women, men, and children who have risked their lives for freedom, justice, and equality.
Anti-regime demonstrations, strikes, and activities continue across the country despite the regime’s unprecedented oppressive measures, including firing birdshot and live ammo at defenseless citizens—including kids, arbitrarily arresting tens of thousands of people—including teenagers, and extrajudicial death sentences and hastily hanging protesters.
Instead, the suppression encouraged more walks of life to join the revolution and publicly declare their desire to overthrow the regime and establish a democratic and secular republic government.
In her Christmas message, Mrs. Maryam Rajavi, the President-elect of the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI), paid homage to “homage to all the brave women, girls, and young people who shattered the walls of fear rebelled against the darkness of despair and powerlessness and led the battle to uproot the religious tyranny.”
She also called on the international community to stand with the people of Iran. “I appeal to all my Christian brothers and sisters worldwide to lend support to the Iran uprising,” Mrs. Rajavi said.
As the promise of mankind's glorious future, #Christmas this year heralds the end of the religious tyranny ruling #Iran, both for Iranians and the world at large. pic.twitter.com/PJVDs0vZwR
— Maryam Rajavi (@Maryam_Rajavi) December 24, 2022
December 24 marked the 100th day of anti-regime protests in Iran. The demonstrations began following the heinous murder of Mahsa Amini, 22, in police custody. However, it immediately turned into a revolution against the entire theocratic regime.
According to the Iranian opposition Mojahedin-e Khalq (MEK/PMOI), the protests have extended to 282 cities. The regime has killed over 750 citizens, injured tens of thousands, and detained more than 30,000. The MEK has published the names of 603 killed protesters.
- Regime judiciary reportedly upheld the death penalty against Mohammad Ghobadlu, 22, under the pretext of “waging war against God” and “corruption on earth.” In a moving video, her mother calls on all people to help his son, warning about her loved one’s fate.
- In another moving video, the parents of Javad Rouhi, 35, plead with the people to be their voice. Javad faces false accusations such as Moharebeh, and his life is at risk. He is from Amol but kept in Sari prison now.
- “The Iranian regime is afraid and cowardly murdering its own people that choose to stand for their freedom. The regime has lost any shred of legitimacy it may have once clung to,” said S. Senator Bill Cassidy.
- “The Iranian regime uses barbaric methods. We are called upon to stand by courageous women, men, and children like Hassan Firouzi and his family in Iran,” said German MP Johann Wadephul.
- “I’ll be the political godmother of Ashkan Morovati, an Iranian athlete who was hospitalized after being shot by IRGC. He’s in prison and accused of ‘war against God’ only because of his fight for freedom and women’s rights,” said Els Van Hoof, the chair of the Belgian Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee. “He’s in danger. Be his voice!”
- “This weekend marks 100 days since Mahsa Amini died and protestors called for greater freedoms and the demise of the theocratic regime,” said Middle East observer Jonathan Harounoff. “With very early cracks showing among the leadership/IRGC and protests showing no signs of stopping, 2023 may be a transformative year in Iran.”
- “The Iranian regime is lashing out because President Zelenskyy told the truth,” said former U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.
- “This is a time of the year when we are reminded of the importance of the values that bind us together… Solidarity with those fighting in Ukraine, those jailed in Belarus, and those on the streets in Iran,” said European Parliament President Roberta Metsola in her Christmas message.
- IRGC-run Young Journalist Club sounded its concerns over the MEK’s achievements and abilities. “The MEK handles ‘riots’ in Iran and speaks about freedom-loving,” YJC reported. “Maryam Rajavi is the leader of ‘riots.’”
- “The MEK was the first group to take a position against the ‘Islamic Republic,’” said Khamenei’s deputy in Ideological-Political Affairs Rassoul Sanaeirad. “Pompeo, who assassinated Gen. Soleimani, calls Maryam Rajavi as the president-elect.”
- State-run Qom Seminary upholds the judiciary’s criminal death sentences under the excuse of “waging war against God” and “corruption on earth,” trying to intimidate society and quell the revolution through inhumane executions.
- A recently defected officer in Iran’s ministry of intelligence (MOIS) tells VICE News that the regime, and its Supreme Leader, are very fearful of the ongoing protests and that cracks are beginning to emerge among the leadership.
- Spanish tourist Santiago Sánchez, 41, reportedly disappeared following his visit to the late #MahsaAmini’s grave in Saqqez on October 2. Released citizens said they had seen Mr. Sánchez at Sanandaj’s detention center.
Jordan residents chant: “Death to the child-killing regime!” and “This is the year of [Khamenei] overthrow!” Source
Tehranpars residents chant: “Death to the dictator!” and Death to Khamenei!” Source
Ferdows Blvd residents chant: “Death to Khamenei!” and “Death to the dictator!” Source
Razavi Khorasan Province:
Protesters take to the streets in Mashhad, chanting:
Death to the dictator!
This is the year of [Khamenei] overthrow!
Death to Khamenei; damn [regime founder] Khomeini! Source
Brave women chant in Mashhad: “Death to the dictator!” Source
Protesters take to the streets in Imam Reza Blvd, Torghabeh road, chanting:
Death to the dictator!
This is the year of [Khamenei] overthrow! Source
Citizens chant in Fardis, Karaj: “Death to Khamenei!” Source
Protesters take to Chaharbagh-e Bala street, chanting: Death to the dictator! Source
Citizens chant in Bandar Abbas: “Death to Khamenei!” and “Khamenei is a murderer; his rule is illegitimate!” Source