Now, the Regime had ordered its agents to spy on the MEK, in order to plot a terrorist attack on the group for its role in helping to plan and carry out the protests
The MEK has a network of spies within the Regime in order to gain knowledge about such attacks, as well as the Regime’s other malign activity, which is why they were able to find out the Regime’s plot and leak the information via their website.
The MEK revealed that the Supreme Security Council directed the Ministry of Intelligence (MOIS), the Quds Force, the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) and other agencies involved in the spread of terrorism and fundamentalism to take the following actions against the democratic opposition group.
1) MOIS stations in Europe were told to increase their information gathering on the MEK and the activities of their members in Europe, even spending more money.
2) The MOIS and Quds Force were told to research the potential for acts of terrorism in Europe, particularly Albania where a large number of MEK members reside, especially using non-Iranian actors. This would be a way of attacking the MEK, without tracing it back to Iran, which is often how the Regime chooses to conduct its attacks.
3) MOIS agents were instructed to work with the regime’s cultural advisors in Europe, Iran’s state-run media, and other relevant groups in order to step up their demonization and disinformation campaign against the MEK; again using non-Iranians to deflect attention from the Regime. They also hope that this will help repair the damage done to the Regime over their recent bomb plots against the MEK in Albania and France.
4) The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Intelligence, and the Quds Force have been told to lobby European governments – especially Albania – to limit the activities of the Iranian Resistance within their borders.
5) The Regime plans to send its agents to Albania to pose as family members of the MEK members living there in order to harass the Resistance in much the same way they did in Camps Ashraf and Liberty in Iraq.